Half Moon golf course was designed by world renowned architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. and opened in 1962.
The course was later modernised by Roger Rulewich, who removed non-native trees, expanded several greens and renovated bunkers, creating a masterpiece of sheer beauty and game-raising challenges. Routed through a retired sugarcane estate, the course hugs the toe of the slopes of the hills overlooking Half Moon.
It is a bow-tie, classic layout with multiple sets of tees, well-bunkered greens -contoured to accommodate surface drainage, and an overall length ranging from 5,035 to 7,120 yards. A beautiful walking course, this 18-hole par-72 championship course tests scratch and novice golfers alike with similar from appropriate distances.
Primary defence of par are the 26 shallow-faced fairway bunkers requiring solidly-struck tee balls to find the short grass. Constant trade winds blowing off the Caribbean Sea create up-wind challenges and down-wind opportunities. Listen to our caddies, they possess a wealth of course knowledge and are eager to lend an eye to guide a birdie putt, or share a story from their years of experience.
Half Moon withstands the test of time, remaining true to its origins in length and intent, permitting golfers to chase par and history between the palms at Half Moon. Just four minutes away from our golf course are the White Witch and Cinnamon Hill golf courses, making Half Moon a golf destination.Golf Pro Shop Direct: (876) 953-2560 Resort Phone: (876) 953-2211 Email: [email protected]
- Award-winning 18-hole par-72 championship course, renowned as one of the best walking courses
- PGA tournaments also have been held at Half Moon, including the European PGA Senior Tour and, since 2007, the Jamaica Open
- Caddy Master is available from 6:30 am to 7 pm
- 20 grassed practice bays
- Bunker practice green, putting green & 50-yard pitching green
- The Golf Pro Shop stocks a wide range of clothing and accessories (open 6:45 am to 6 pm)
- Enjoy refreshments after your game at the 19th Hole Bar (open 7 am to 6 pm)
- Clubhouse with two meeting rooms
- Access to golf course & pro shop: shuttle service to and from resort; direct access via a tunnel from the villas at Half Moon
Golf shoes with socks
Tailored shorts, skirts or trousers
Recognised golf blouse/shirt or polo shirt (sleeveless tops are permitted with no spaghetti straps)
Golf shoes with socks
Tailored shorts or trousers
Recognised golf shirt or polo shirt
- Jamaica Open Golf Championship 1975, 1990, 1991 and 2006 – 2012, 2017
- Celebrity Players Tour Jamaica Classic 2003-2005
- European PGA Seniors Tournament 2003-2004
- National Match Play Tournament Finals 2003-2005
- Dunhill Cup Final of the Americas
- JACI Golf Tournament
- Red Stripe Pro-Am
Create your own golf package with us: Multi-round Golf Promotion
Four of our caddies have been providing expertise and helping players navigate the challenges of our 18-hole Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed championship golf course since 1962. This is the same year Jamaica gained independence and Her Royal Highness, The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon visited Half Moon.
Half Moon Classic Golf Package
Enjoy 15% off our best available rate, complimentary replay on our Robert Trent Jones Sr. 18-hole par-72 championship course, and complimentary Golf Clinic (Friday)
Jamaica’s Finest Golf Package
Enjoy 15% off our best available rate, complimentary replay on our Robert Trent Jones Sr. 18-hole par-72 championship course, and play at Jamaica’s best courses including the White Witch and Cinnamon Hill courses. Round trip airport shuttle transfer included.